5 replies to this topic

#1 myandle

myandle

Obsessed Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

I rode over to VSU Saturday hoping to find the missing NSNS Polls for Valdosta's championship years of 1984, 1986 and 1992. I never found any, only articles that mentioned them winning them. I looked through the entire months of December and January for evidence.

I did confirm that ESPN's Scholastic Sports America contacted Coach Nick Hyder to inform him that they too had Valdosta finishing #1 in their poll in 1992.

That only leaves the NSNS Poll of 1981-Warner Robins, the three NSNS Polls mentioned above for Valdosta and the ESPN Poll for Valdosta in 1992 left to find for the Georgia schools.

I also called the library in Warner Robins to ask them if they would look for anything on Warner Robins' National Championship in 1981, but they didn't find anything either.

#2 jeaster

jeaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

I rode over to VSU Saturday hoping to find the missing NSNS Polls for Valdosta's championship years of 1984, 1986 and 1992. I never found any, only articles that mentioned them winning them. I looked through the entire months of December and January for evidence.

I did confirm that ESPN's Scholastic Sports America contacted Coach Nick Hyder to inform him that they too had Valdosta finishing #1 in their poll in 1992.

That only leaves the NSNS Poll of 1981-Warner Robins, the three NSNS Polls mentioned above for Valdosta and the ESPN Poll for Valdosta in 1992 left to find for the Georgia schools.

I also called the library in Warner Robins to ask them if they would look for anything on Warner Robins' National Championship in 1981, but they didn't find anything either.

Good news, Matt - I have two of the three NSNS polls you referenced above (1984 and 1986). I will post them on the site soon.

In fact, someone sent me a big gap of missing polls - 1982 through 1990!

#3 myandle

myandle

Obsessed Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

Fantastic!

Looking forward to seeing them!

Good news, Matt - I have two of the three NSNS polls you referenced above (1984 and 1986). I will post them on the site soon.

In fact, someone sent me a big gap of missing polls - 1982 through 1990!

#4 jeaster

jeaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:42 PM

My source also sent me the Top 9 of the 1966 NSNS poll, with Valdosta at #2. I will put that one on there as well.

#5 myandle

myandle

Obsessed Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

That sounds great!

Them Wildcats were something weren't they???

#6 myandle

myandle

Obsessed Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

For those interested, the guy that runs the Tennessee site, which includes all of the past National Prep Champions, has finally got his hands on the elusive 1978 and 1992 NSNS Polls.

Something I found interesting on the 1978 NSNS Poll. The #41 team in the country, who happened to tie Valdosta that year for the state title, was Griffin. East Rome was #85 on the list.

http://www.hsfdataba...om/nsns1978.htm

http://www.hsfdataba...om/nsns1992.htm