2 replies to this topic

#1 btaylor

btaylor

Football Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:59 AM

While looking up something in the Lyons paper for 1970, I saw they had a pretty good sports section, complete with game photos. Good game photos. Microfilm takes away details, but perhaps something is of use, or even of interest.

Attached File  Lyons.jpg   348.99KB   3 downloads

This is Lyons.

Attached File  Jeff Davis.jpg   291.3KB   2 downloads

Jeff Davis, who was also fancy enough to own jerseys with the team name on them.

Attached File  Montgomery County.jpg   306.38KB   0 downloads

Montgomery County.

Attached File  Reidsville.jpg   267.89KB   0 downloads

Reidsville was pretty bland, opting to use numbers on their helmets.

Attached File  Vidalia.jpg   225.92KB   2 downloads

Vidalia has a 'V'

Attached File  Wheeler County.jpg   202.39KB   1 downloads

Your initial thought is that this might be Irwin County. It's not. Wheeler County is the one with the giant 'I' on its helmet. Don't ask me. I've only known them as the Bulldogs.

#2 Rod

Rod

Advanced Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Baseball & Football

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

Very Cool Stuff

#3 RIP

RIP

Advanced Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:My wife, football, martial arts, playing guitar, horror movies, BEER, UGA football games, etc.....

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

I gotta somehow download or scan Barnesville Academy's, Gordon Military Colllege prep, and Lamar County helmet's on here somehow.

Back in the 70's Barnesville Academy had blue helmets and a white decal of a B on the side of the helmet like UGA Bulldogs have have. Then in the 80's we had silver helmets with different decals like Warriors on the side or a shield with BA written in it and then 86 thru 89 we had orange helmets with "Warriors" wriiten on the side sorta like Univ of Fla Gators emblem