1 reply to this topic

#1 Loren Maxwell

Loren Maxwell

Grand Pooba

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

It's been a long time since I checked in here on the forums (I'm sure many who have become regular contributors are even wondering who I am!) but I just wanted to express a great gratitude at how the GHSFHA has progressed.

To my knowledge, it is the first group organized to research a sport at the high school level and I am certain it is by far the largest and most comprehensive (at least with a website to display the results). I have spoken before with a similar site from South Carolina and one from Alabama, both primarily individual efforts with some assistance, and I am convinced the GHSFHA is the correct model of how to research a sport.

I firmly attribute this growth to the willingness of the great researchers here to openly share the results of their efforts. The responsibility to publish results is one of the tenets of academic research that contributes to the growth of a body of knowledge, and I think this is an excellent case study as to how this can apply even to subjects such as high school football.

Anyway, as for me and the family, the Air Force moved us back to Ohio about a little over a year ago and I’m now exploring retirement. Not sure I will, but it’s nice having the option!

All my best for Christmas and New Years and thanks once again for taking a small seed of an idea and nurturing it into such a fantastic organization!

Loren

#2 BobbyHodges

BobbyHodges

Football Sage

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for checking in Loren. We sure have come a long way!