6 replies to this topic

#1 skeet

skeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Finally, I have submitted From Terrors to Tigers: the History of Wilkes County Football to the printers today. It will still be a few months before it will be available for sale, but I'll gladly reserve copies for anyone who is interested. Price will be $25 plus $5 for shipping, laminated soft cover (8 1/2 x 11) . It will be almost 350 pages with a large number of photos dating back to 1922 and before. It covers old Washington High (Terrors, Bearcats, Tigers), Washington Central Wildcats, Wilkes Academy Raiders, as well as the Washington-Wilkes Tigers. There are vast numbers of statistics for the team and opponents in addition to narrative chapters recounting games, players, and just about everything else.
It has been a fun ride pulling all this together. It would not have been possible to have such a complete work without all the help and encouragement from those here on GHSFHA: a real tip of the cap to all of you! I sure can't say that this book is a template for other high school football histories but maybe it will help others doing such projects to learn from what I got right and what I screwed up...

#2 myandle

myandle

Obsessed Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

I would love to have a copy skeet!

Let me know who to make the check out to and I'll send you a message with my address.

Oh and congrat's on the book!

#3 DFendley

DFendley

Football Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Thats a great job, Skeet :D

#4 RARich

RARich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Always a Football Fan, Redan HS alumni '97.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

congrats and Good Luck, man I thought about doing something similar for Metro ATL schools, alot of information and history, especiallly during the GIA schools and the segragation and post Intergration. I had already found a buncha old Helmets for David on his site Georgia HS helmet project. Im looking forward to it when the Wash- Wilkes book come out

#5 BobbyHodges

BobbyHodges

Football Sage

• Members.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Great work Skeet, look forward to seeing it!

#6 skeet

skeet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Thanks all! I'll be in touch closer to the book's release date with particulars.

#7 myandle

myandle

Obsessed Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hey skeet, I sent you a private message in which I included my address.

Again congrats!